This will be the 1st installment of this series and today we will be the pros and cons of four options which I think Disney should consider when casting the team.
First up is the socially awkward erudite leader of the team, Reed Richards.
A prerequisite for the casting of Reed Richards is that it can’t be an actor with a comedic side, Reed isn’t ever the life of the party or able to “break the ice” like a normal person so only serious actors should be considered.
- It would be a huge buzz for the movie, and would some credibility to the production.
- Can play socially awkward, see Burn after Reading & Meet Joe Black.
- His casting would bring an added layer of pressure for the movie to succeed and please fans.
Sterling K Brown
- It would be a brave choice from the studio.
- Has great range.
- Deserves a big break, which means he probably won’t “rock the boat”.
- Not a “big draw” name actor.
- Risky casting that could polarize the audience before viewing the movie.
- This could be his superhero redemption and he has really made good decisions since Daredevil.
- There could be Daredevil baggage that he can never get over.
- Can play weird and awkward well.
- “Predestination” shows us what he can do playing a scientist.
- Said he would never do a superhero movie.
- Wouldn’t want to do multiple movies, eliminating the possibility for a franchise.
What do you think of the options I have put out there? Do you have any options of your own that you could see as REED RICHARDS?